Sunday, August 3, 2008

Steam bath

I am so direlect in these postings, it's not even funny.

But an update: herbs bolting include oregano and basil, roma tomatoes a bust, re-planted corn a bust (doggone deer), squash dropping blossoms (japanese beetles perhaps), and yellow tomatoes thriving.

It's been mainly farmer's stand produce that I've been canning.

And it has been a good year for that. Today, I put up three gallons of tomatoes. I have quarts and pints of plain tomatoes and 1 1/2 quarts of tomatoes with my oregano and basil.

I also have three pints of peach BBQ sauce, six pints dill beans, three pints of peach conserves, three pints of plum almond jam (runny, but oh well-- Chicken with plum almond sauce, anyone?), and strawberry jam/clementine marmalade from the spring and early summer.

Thank goodness for the farmer's stand.

No comments: