Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring...

It's Springtime, and many seeds have been planted. I'm starting some seeds on the back deck-- Italian heirloom and Amish paste tomatoes, and Fish hot peppers. I've already stuck yellow squash and zucchini, pickling cucumbers, red beets, pod and snap peas in the ground. Also in are La Ratte and French fingerling potatoes. (Both are fingerling varieties.) My seeds were ordered from Seed Savers and Johnny's Selected Seeds. The potatoes came from the Maine potato lady.

DH and I have recently expanded our planting area by putting in a new garden bed. I still have more to plant.

My efforts are being thwarted right now by weather extremes. It was cool and rainy, followed by super-hot temperatures, and we'll be returning to cool and rainy tomorrow.

I hope it all survives.

No comments: