Thursday, February 21, 2008

And so it begins...

The seed starting, that is! I know that the Zone Gods are frowning upon me as I defy them. I'm a zone 7-- 7B, to be exact. I'm close to the water, to the East, West, and South. Therefore, with the moderation of temperatures due to the water and with the miracles of a water bag, I think that I can push my luck.

I do want to give you a bit of background, as well. For years, I have been failing at seed starting. I got the compostable peat pots, and I dried them up. I got the seedstarting trays with the covers, and I overwatered to the point of growing molds instead of seeds.

This year, I'm going with my old tried and true terra-cotta. I love terra-cotta pots and I'm attempting to start tomatoes. I am hoping that this year, I'll be successful in my efforts. If I am, I'll have some tasty tomatoes to can and make into salsa!

No comments: